Monday 2 July 2012

Fudge-alicious

It was a dreary boring day yesterday.  I had woken up grumpy and just couldn't shake it. I needed something to pick me up. So I decided to make something I hadn't made since I was a kid and had been meaning to make ever since the school fair at the start of last term.  FUDGE.

So I got the old trusty Edmond's cookbook out and adapted it to make it Emma safe.

1 Cup sugar
1 Tbsp Cocoa
1/4 Cup Oat milk
12.5 g Olivani
1/4 tsp vanilla

First mix the sugar and cocoa in a saucepan and then add the milk and olivani.
Heat gently, stirring all the time until the sugar and olivani have melted.
Bring it to the boil and let it boil without stirring until the soft ball stage - about 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add vanilla.
Liquid fudge

Let stand for 5 minutes then beat with a wooden spoon until thick.
Pour into a greased tin, mark into squares and leave to cool.

leave to cool...


This was a big winner - the fudge was sweet and chocolatey and oh so very yummy.  It was a good job I only made a small amount coz we ate it all up after dinner.
Ready to eat! YUM.


I will definitely be making more for Emma's birthday in 5 weeks.

Enjoy


Barbs x.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy! We've never tried dairy free fudge, I didn't really think it would work.

    ReplyDelete